Updated: Sep 14
Let's be honest, we all use concealer to have the look of smooth, perfect skin. We typically reach for it before other makeup products because, well, it's the holy grail with magical powers. It can hide and cover all the pimples, spots and dark circles while making our face smooth and balanced. If you use the right concealer, your makeup will be perfect and will give you a totally new and beautiful look. On the other hand, if you are not using the right concealer, then your makeup may make you look tired, older or even give you the dreaded reverse raccoon eyes!
When choosing a concealer, these are the things you should keep in mind:
1) Texture of your skin [smooth? creases? dry, rough?]
2) Skin Shades & Tones [pink? yellow? neutral?]
3) Coverage you need [barely there? medium? full?]
4) How much product to use [tiny dot? a swish? big triangle?]
5) How to properly apply it [sponge? brush? fingers?]
6) Which type of concealer [liquid? cream? stick?]
The formula of the concealer will depend on your skin type. And concealers can only do so much - your makeup will only look as good as the skin you put it on!! Concealers combined with fantastic eye creams can change the texture and look of your under eye area in a short period of time.
A daunting task? Too overwhelming to even think about? It doesn't have to be. Taking my Makeup Bag Makeover lesson will clear up this mystery and so much more.